logo

Friday, May 29, 2020

Phone Message 5.29.20

Good evening to all of our Deep Creek families.  This is Mr. Vernon with one last message for this crazy school year.  Yesterday, was our official last day and it was great to be able to see most of our students today and our 5th graders on Wednesday.  I learned these past few months that it is no fun to work at an elementary school without our students.  I missed their smiles, their excitement to learn and yes, even the chaos they sometimes cause.  I want to thank all of our families for their patience this school year and the support that I felt as a new principal.  Today was a perfect example, we had to figure out a way to get over 700 students their belongings today.  Which required lengthy, lengthy wait times for many families, but still kindness and patience was shown when you finally got your belongings.  The patience, support, and belief that DCES gets from our parents is special.  Again, thank you for your support as we tried to figured what was best the last three months for our Cubs.  I hope desperately that we get to have our Cubs back to start next school year and I will be sure to keep you all informed over the summer if we get any news from the state.  If you did not get a chance to stop by today and pick up student belongings the school will be open next week from 8am - 3pm for pick up of belongings and drop off of Chromebooks and library books.  Yearbooks are still not in from our printing company, but we will send out a message and a plan as soon as they come in.  Also don't forget about the Summer Slide Challenge.  The Summer Slide paper was placed in all of the student bags from the school and will be posted on the DCES Facebook page and the school website.  I'll close the school year by thank you all one more time for a crazy and memorable school year.  I feel lucky knowing I get to be the Principal of the school with the best students in this county.  I wish all of our 5th graders good luck next year and I absolutely can not wait to see our Ready, Responsible and Respectful Cubs next year.  Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment